My inspiration for this artwork initially stemmed from finding the locations of photographs taken and shared through social media by crew members aboard the International Space Station.
I have contributed to the following maps, covering multiple ISS Expeditions, created and cataloged by Dave MacLean
Expeditions 43/44/45/46 : Scott Kelly's Year In Space (NASA) : Kjell Lindgren (NASA)
- #spacegeo : I participated in Scott's weekly quiz, winning a signed print of his photograph featuring Lake Titicaca.
- #storyofwater features Kjell's theme of photographs from around the world
- #earthart : Scott's series of colorful landscapes
Expeditions 46/47 : Tim Peake (ESA : UK) : Tim Kopra (NASA) : Jeff Williams (NASA)
Expeditions 47/48 : Jeff Williams (NASA) : Kate Rubins (NASA)
Expeditions 49/50 : Shane Kimbrough (NASA) Thomas Pesquet (ESA : France) & Peggy Whitson (NASA)
Expeditions 50/51 : Pesquet (ESA) & Whitson (NASA)
I have had the opportunity to assist Sergey Ryazansky, a Russian Cosmonaut, with geo-locating his photographs from Expedition 37/38, of which he took thousands. I was able to help him locate many images that he shared with his many followers on Instagram and Twitter. Sergey is currently Prime Crew for Expedition 52/53 which is scheduled to launch to the International Space Station in July.
My geo-location work has also been featured on the NASA Earth Observatory Blog
I have participated in two NASA Social Events: Both events were well organized and incredibly rewarding.
- The Space-X CRS-8 resupply mission launch at Kennedy Space Center, which was the first successful barge landing for their Falcon 9 Booster Rocket (now old hat).
- I also participated in a NASA NAAMES event at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute in Falmouth, MA
Stemming from the above work, I have continued to focus my interests by combining photographs taken from the space station with satellite imagery in a unique blend of visual art. By combining this with historical events associated with the geographical features, I aim to reach a broad audience with a blend of artwork and geo-history of the world we live in.
I hope you enjoy my Artwork from Low Earth Orbit
Text my Bot 24/7 @ 603-513-2223 (It's not my cell number, but I will reply)